Its hot and its summer and you’re thinking “OK, I got the planning down to paper. What next?” Surely you are well on your way to the aisle but there are so many other things to do. But don’t worry — every step is not without fun.
A CRY FOR HELP
Go ahead and make sure that you have all the help that you can get your hands on to. Better yet, hire a professional wedding coordinator to do the job for you. All you have to do is to call the shots, fit into your wedding garments and say “I DO.” They are great at what they do so get one. Let you rest and throw away those pre-wedding stress. Remember, you have to look your best on your beautiful summer wedding.
OK, we are now heading to your reception. Your event design should be exciting, romantic and on top of everything — summer-y. Here are some tips to help you design your perfect dream reception.
1. The summer beauties: Use summer flowers for your centerpieces. Ask your wedding coordinator to specifically get them. They grow only in summer so they are bound to fit your theme. These flowers are fragrant, colorful and exotic.
2. Think romance: Hang beaming golden drop lights and lanterns over your whole venue to make it romantic and magical. Let them mimic the summer stars above.
Tip # 1: Be extra romantic by putting an heirloom rose on your hair (if you are a lady) or on hand to give to your better half (if you are a man).
Tip # 2: Tell your wedding coordinator to rent out a band that specializes on soft Jamaican music. These fellas and ladies surely know how to fire up passion in the atmosphere. They use Congo drums instead of metal drums — and their cold tones are sure to keep you and your hubby cuddling all throughout the whole reception.
3. The focal point: Tell your wedding coordinator to really emphasize you and your spouse’s seating area.
Tip: It would be great if you can create an arc on top of your area with wild flowers, summer flowers and vines for decoration. Let it feel like you are in a summer-y rain forest, one with Mother Nature and yourselves.
THE FAVORS THAT MAKES THE DIFFERENCE
Your summer wedding giveaways are a very important aspect of your wedding too. Do not overlook them. This is your chance to personalize your event. Here are a few ideas to get you inspired.
* personalized bottled water
* mini summer lamps
* stylish programme fans
* Filipina fans
* colorful paper umbrellas
* old fashioned Filipina umbrellas
* edible star fish cakes, brownies and cookies
* intricate sea shell necklaces and bracelets
* individual summer flowers in small woven basket packages
* sand, seashells and a personal thank you or individual horoscope note inside clear corked bottles
Tip: Rent out a photo booth. Your guests will surely have fun while taking countless pictures with the different paraphernalia that come with it. The best thing is that they can take home their pictures. Decorate the photo booth by putting a fish net on top of it and sticking artificial starfishes, turtles and sea shells on its crevices and sides.
Go ahead and plan your ultimate summer wedding with this sun kissed tips. Have a blast in saying “I do” in the midst of your partner, family and friends under the insatiable summer heat. Have a good one!
Related articles you may find interesting: