Many landlords already do a themed valentines pub quiz but many don’t get the full potential of such an event. This can be due to poor advertising, previous credibility or that some feel awkward around valentine’s day. Lets assume you have already compiled or bought a pub quiz for valentines day and look at how we get people in on the special night.
1. Find out or make sure that you know what day valentines day is on most important. If on one of the busiest nights you are likely not to want a pub quiz going on and be looking for a more fun event. The function room if you have one will often be booked out anyways as people open up more around the romantic time with dating nights or even an adult toys party. Now if this is the case make it on your regular pub quiz nights and make people aware. If however your regular quiz night is already a success and you don’t want to mess with it then look at another day, an important thing here when possible have it of a quieter night and before the 14th February.
2. Now you have the theme what you going to do with. First off your going to get the message out there, around the local community and areas. . Advertising campaign don’t have to cost lots by putting an advert in the local paper and inf act this could have no influence on your valentines night at. These sort of event it’s all about getting the message out there early enough but not too early. 3-4weeks in widows, libraries and poster should be enough. In your establishment get your valentine’s pub quiz advertise in the middle of January at the latest. Keep the message simple with time, date, first prize and theme in your external advertisement if you can fit get the cost in per team or individual.
3. Get a Quiz master who’s not just comfortable in crowds but one who loves it. The sillier and more fun they are the better your Valentines night event.. If you can get your quiz master dressed up then great but remember the quiz master has to be confident and more lively than on a standard weekly pub quiz. If they can naturally entertain then great, what about getting the bar staff dressed up not too tacky but keep it as crazy as possible.
4. Control it with fun. Normally a pub quiz will be controlled by the quiz master alone but if you have someone who loves being in front of a crowd entertaining get someone else to help.
5. When picking the prizes remember people have parted with their money so they need to be reasonable.
6. Make sure the events proceeds go to a local charity. When times are hard unfortunately the local charities get hit hard and unlike the large ones that are run in business fashion they still 100% committed to their cause. When themed pub quiz night are for charities you are supporting the community spirit too..
You’ve got one night a year for valentines in real terms so pull out the stops. Make it fun and make sure the message is communicated as fun and themed pub quiz.
Related articles you may find interesting: