Do you have dogs at home? Do you prepare dog food by yourself?
They say dogs are mans best friend. It is considered the best pet because they are very smart and you can train them to follow some tricks. Apart from being smart, they are also empathic animals, thus, they can understand your moods and can reflect whatever emotions you have. They provide the needed assistance and love to their master unconditionally. Moreover, they give undying love, loyalty and affection even if they are treated badly by their master.
They are also excellent companions not only to adults and children, but also to elderly people. Aside from providing their pet owners with companionship, they also lifted their spirit. They are also used as therapy dogs in hospitals, nursing homes, schools, mental facilities and prisons.
Because of their significance, it is your responsibility as pet owner to bathe them, to walk them, to create a healthy home for them and to feed them. To keep them healthy, you provide them all the vaccinations, vitamins and supplements they need. You need to bring them regularly to the veterinarian. Moreover, you need to feed them nutritious and balanced meal to keep them healthy all the time.
Since not all pet owners can afford to buy dog food all the time, you can prepare homemade food for your pet. Some say that homemade dog food is not as healthy as those sold in pet shops. They are wrong because you can prepare healthy dog food so long as you follow their nutritional needs. Always remember that not all foods are good for your pets. Like humans, they are also allergic to some foods. To ensure their health and well being, you have to understand and to remember the dos and donts of homemade dog food preparation. Before you make homemade dog food, you have to do some research to avoid flaws and errors.
Foods that should be avoided in their diet:
* They are lactose intolerant, thus, avoid giving them milk and other dairy products.
* Avoid giving them cat food because it can result to metabolic imbalances.
* Do not give them chocolates because they are allergic to it.
* Avoid giving them leftover foods because it contains spices and preservatives that can be bad for their health.
* Raw liver
* Turkeys skin
*Raw fish (especially salmon)
*Dough of bread
Healthy foods suitable for your dog:
1. Raw or cooked lean meat cuts, such as beef, lamb, whitefish
2. Cooked grains
3. Finely chopped vegetables
4. Bits of fruits
In preparing their food, you have to ensure they meet their nutritional needs. Take note of their breed, age and requirements. If you lack ideas on what foods to incorporate in your recipe, you can always ask the help of your veterinarian, surf the Internet to find simple and cost efficient dog food recipes or ask your friends who have the experience of preparing homemade dog food.
Related articles you may find interesting:
- Healthy Food – Holistic Food For Your Pets
- How the Food Pyramid Can Be of Help in Making a Healthy Eating Recipe
- Healthy Food is Not Just For New Age EnthusiastsMake Sure Your Babies Or Toddlers Are Eating Right
- Healthy Food Combinations
- 5 Various Thoughts About Food For Making 65th Birthday Celebrations Quite Great and Everlasting One